Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add to Google
Add to My AOL
Subscribe in Bloglines
Listed on BlogShares

Powered by Blogger


LeftyBlogs

Blogroll oh4russ!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

50 Blogs for Feingold Action Team
“It's time to stand up - not to cheer, but to fight back.”
--Senator Russ Feingold, On Executive Power. (Daily Kos, 2006-02-02)

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Some Feedback from The Russ For President Petition

Schwompa's Russ For President Petition hasn't gotten the play that it should. I think the main reason is that a lot of Russ supporters don't know it exists. In the final analysis, Russ won't make his decision to run based on it. But on the other hand, there's no reason not to have 50,000 signatures on it.

One thing that I like about it is some of the comments that signers leave. Here are a few choice ones:
  • "Senator Proxmire would be proud" -- Doreen K.
  • "I am proud to place my name on any document that supports a Feingold presidency." -- Chris R.
  • "Thank you for standing up for me." -- Patty N.
  • "I have watched you with interest in the past 6 months and must say I hope you seriously consider running for office. I have been reading as much as I can about possible candidates and am highly impressed with your record." -- Carolyn M.
  • "Hillary Clinton's a nice person and all, but she can't even begin to fix the mess we're finding ourselves in. We need principled leadership, we need it desperately, and when I say "we" I don't just mean Democrats or progressives, I mean America." -- Jillian S.A.
  • "Senator Feingold, you are the most poignant, fearless voice of reason in the Senate. I implore you, take the White House and return this country to it's former glory." -- Jeffrey B.
  • "diebold permitting......" -- Robert S.
  • "Your actions are the epitome of Smart Democracy" -- Nick P.
  • "...It is this kind of integrity that is in short supply in this once great country. And it is this kind of integrity that is required in order to restore this country to what is it once was. I only wish that we could clone this man in duplicates and fill every seat in the White House with his clone" -- Heather I.
  • "We need you to fend off Hillary." -- Anne T.
  • "Russ is the most reliable and steadfast progressive leader we have. We need him. America needs him!" -- Adam E.
  • "I have been researching 2008 Dem choices for awhile. Russ is the first electable person I've found who is anti-NAFTA, pro-universal health care, and anti-Iraq war. Please run Russ!!!!!" -- Earl B.
  • "I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life and there is no one more qualified to run for the 2008 presidential election than Russ Feingold" -- Tarah M.
  • "Mazel Tov!" -- Khain E.
  • "please, you were the only one capable of reading" -- Don S.
  • "People are starving for real leadership" -- Robert E.
  • "He's my Senator, but I'm willing to let ya'll barrow him for 8 years." -- Adam M.


So, if you haven't signed it yet, please consider taking a minute to do so. Consider sharing the URL in e-mails or on discussion sites.