Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add to Google
Add to My AOL
Subscribe in Bloglines
Listed on BlogShares

Powered by Blogger


LeftyBlogs

Blogroll oh4russ!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

50 Blogs for Feingold Action Team
“It's time to stand up - not to cheer, but to fight back.”
--Senator Russ Feingold, On Executive Power. (Daily Kos, 2006-02-02)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Article Review: "Meet the Next President"

Well, after a long trip halfway around the world at 12 miles per hour, I'm back. I, for one, am curious as to whether a) my fingers still work, and b) I can still speak English. Let's see, shall we?

Bill Sammon of the Washington Examiner wrote an article yesterday on Russ in his "Meet the Next President" series, which is available here. Here are a few of the more zippy bits:
  • Russ admits to an occasional urge to say "I told you so" on his vote against the Iraq War Resolution, but adds "Yeah, but I was taught it’s impolite to do that.” He continues to say that the electorate "...would strongly prefer a candidate who had the judgment that’s right in the first place."
  • More on the IRW: "I just had this sick feeling that people were buying into this out of fear, rather than rationality..."
  • "Feingold says Clinton, the early favorite for the Democratic presidential nomination, is 'absolutely' too timid on the Iraq war issue. "
  • “He is, I think, the one Democrat who can say he’s 100 percent pure,” says columnist David Yepsen of the Des Moines Register.
  • Russ is getting a bit more expressive on whether he'll run. To wit: "And I don’t know if I’m going to run, but I guarantee you, I wouldn’t choose not to run because I don’t think I can defeat [Hillary]. If it was one-on-one, given the issues that I’ve taken, I think I’d have a shot. It would be an upset, but I’ve been out there in many, many states and people are looking for an alternative"
  • A funny bit on his nay vote on the USA-PATRIOT Act: "'When I went down to the well, I didn’t know what they were going to call it,' he says. 'Then I saw that it was being called the USA Patriot Act. So I gulped a bit and realized I was going to be the only one who voted no.'"
  • On Warrantless Wiretapping: "I believe what the president did here was an impeachable offense."
Well, the fingers work (even the tricky Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V combos!), and I'm pretty sure I've made it through this post without inadvertently lapsing into Swahili or anything. Perhaps by tomorrow I can even generate some (gasp!) original text!